Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lee not an NBA All-Star?

Ok, I need someone to explain something to me. Have I lost my mind, or did the NBA East suddenly come up with a plethora of power forwards that are tearing up the stat sheet?
As we all know, the New York Knicks are terrible. They have been breaking some of our hearts since that magical 1973 season when they won their last championship.
With that said, how can no one be noticing the fact that as bad as they are, the Knicks have one of the best power forwards in the Eastern Conference, if not the league.
Night after night, David Lee goes on a tear. Once again, the former Florida Gator has been averaging a double-double.
This season, Lee is averaging 19.6 points per game and 11.5 rebounds per game. Just what does he have to do to get the recognition that he deserves?
This is not the first time that I have written in his defense. I did it last year, too.
Even tonight, in a losing cause against the Toronto Raptors, Lee put up 29 and 18.
What does this man have to do to be recognized by his peers or the league? I just don't get it.
Maybe the rest of the league needs to be watching more than LeBron and Kobe.

No comments: